<b>D' Steel(e)</b> <em>Society of Poetics</em>: ... if these are the same girls.

D' Steel(e) Society of Poetics

A Society of Progressive Poets founded in Washington DC

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

... if these are the same girls.

Walking to work I wonder
if these are the same
girls I see all day
who are walking up
and down Conn. Ave.
They don't seem to look
quite as good at this
hour of the morning. Are
they different women? Working
women? When I get to
the shop, after I turn off
the security system & turn
the lights on & the register,
I sit in my chair and
look out the window.

amazingly, (almost), they
appear. Nearly
every one of them at
least an 8. But I'm
suspicious that about
3 in 10 aren't interested
in men, maybe more.
(I'm not counting half the
tourists [or anyone over
38.]) And out of all those
numbers it seems
few are interested in
me. At least none are
interested in having
sex with me. And
barely any care to
smile or talk to me. The
most beautiful women
in the world wander
into this shop
everyday. They are
a visual pleasure supplied
to me, as a shopkeeper,
by the embassies of
the world. And by some
of the most prestigious
universities. Many times

it's not until they enter
this very small shop that
I realize their true
beauty. Every emotion
melts from my head
and
heart down to my
feet until I am made
the shell of a person,
a shopkeeper.

Most signs of any
personality at all are
drawn away by
my concious contemplating
the appropriation of my
employer's store as a
place to strike up a
conversation w/ a beautiful
girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger ARB said...

This is raw. Good. Honest and true. I dig it. With two shovels.

10:49 AM  
Blogger A.Schneck said...

I as well dig this although i feel I may need to take on yet another digging hand. Let me know if you see one. Hard to be that honest.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home