<b>D' Steel(e)</b> <em>Society of Poetics</em>: More Shopkeeping Poems:

D' Steel(e) Society of Poetics

A Society of Progressive Poets founded in Washington DC

Sunday, October 29, 2006

More Shopkeeping Poems:

As a Shopkeeper


If you have any questions
Let me know
If you have any questions
Let me know
If you have any questions
Let me know
If you have any questions
Let me know
If you have any questions
Let me know
If you have any questions
Let me know
I am the all-knowing
Oracle of the Universe


. . .

Shopkeeper/Parent


Children with
Parents who can't
Control them

Leave it to me
to scold them

Mother? Father?
Couldn't You've told them?


. . .

Stray


When you're a shopkeeper
Sometimes you have a dog

Sometimes you have the door

open


. . .

A thief in the shop


A bare spot on the wall
A picture missing
Never Sold
It was Stolen
Stolen from my boss
Maybe
Stolen from me
Definitely
I sat at my desk
As they walked by
I probably even smiled,
"Bye"
I really want to get that
"Guy" I hope
so I can
smash his face
to pulp


. . .

at work


When I go to
the travel photo
shop and sit
behind the counter
The Whole World
is in front of me
and DC is behind me


. . .

Tourists


Sometimes when
I get off work
and I am walking
down by the fountain
I overhear a family
A Father, Mother
Their children
communicating
and understanding
in a way
that impresses
the Hell out of me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home