<b>D' Steel(e)</b> <em>Society of Poetics</em>

D' Steel(e) Society of Poetics

A Society of Progressive Poets founded in Washington DC

Monday, October 08, 2007

Mount Megunticook, 100607:


Headed up the trail
to Mt Megunticook
at Camden Hills
State Park, Headed
up the 'apples &
pears' I tell an
English group
Headed up the stoney
stairs the sometimes
rooty stoney stairs
and up and up and
up and up to the top
of Mt. Megunticook
to see what I can
see and write
what I can write
I pass a female
couple who are coming
down the mount and
I sidestep from
their path as they're
coming down the
Mount. And my shoulder
hits a branch and sends
a sprinkling of seed
and they cause a
sheening hushing
on the colored fallen
leaves and I pass
by man & daughter
& their boarder
collie also And I
come upon a lookout
just an awe inspiring view

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home