<b>D' Steel(e)</b> <em>Society of Poetics</em>: D flat major translation in F

D' Steel(e) Society of Poetics

A Society of Progressive Poets founded in Washington DC

Friday, September 15, 2006

D flat major translation in F


Not sure how to work anymore
I will walk to the train
stopping only at corners
or to admire the fortune of others
like the bum, who holds a cup
and I say "I could do that"

But I can't brush my teeth in the morning
rembering that I have the ability to say teeth
as opposed to tooth
which for some is required

I suppose luck don't give a fuck
and maybe it hurts to know this
rembering that I can choose to believe in luck
as opposed to chance
which for some is required

I've never won the lottery
I am bad at bingo
and sometimes birds choose to shit on my head
rembering that I am lucky to have birds
as opposed to not
which for some is required

3 Comments:

Blogger mike c said...

My favorite yet! I love the snappy thought at the end of each stanza that forces you to pause and think before you move on. Nice repetition. I like how you always come back to the fact that you're a big jerk.

11:41 AM  
Blogger mike c said...

Also,
will you make a series of blacktop pictures that represent all the letters of the alphabet? Please.

11:43 AM  
Blogger jenn dp said...

Yeah i like this one too, really describes this new reality a lot of us are faced with....perpetual working- not just for the summer anymore.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home