<b>D' Steel(e)</b> <em>Society of Poetics</em>: CyberStop Sarcophagus

D' Steel(e) Society of Poetics

A Society of Progressive Poets founded in Washington DC

Sunday, August 13, 2006

CyberStop Sarcophagus

while we're drinking joe on the patio
of the CyberStop Cafe

a powerful smell runs in my nose
kicked up by a gentle breeze

the scent: anti-euphorium
not Colombian in origin

from a little black box and the fence's edge
I think that's where they're storin' him

oh little dead rat, oh how you stink
it smells like there's 3 0r 4 of ya

is it the blazing hot rays of the sun today
that creates your bouquet of body decay?

I'll have my latte in the porta potty
it smells better than this rat yard

the aroma has my nose turned in
and coffee rifting upward

if this stink puzzle
goes unsolved long
I'll release my supper

supper supper supper
supper supper supper

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i notice there is a trend in poetics towards dead animals right now... [refering to the dead squirrel poen also]

12:26 PM  
Blogger mike c said...

Yes, I noticed that. Did you also notice that you are involved with all said dead animals?!

12:34 PM  
Blogger A.Schneck said...

Oh rat of greatest funk
I will miss you when
said rat is removed
by unsaid lazy workers
at cyberstop.

12:55 PM  
Blogger mike c said...

Nevermind, Rocket? Lazer? What ever your names are!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home