<b>D' Steel(e)</b> <em>Society of Poetics</em>

D' Steel(e) Society of Poetics

A Society of Progressive Poets founded in Washington DC

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Commuting in the Capital


It's 7am I'm
splashing coffee
down the sink
and out the door
past the busstop
I check the papers
red my breath is
white the air is
blue a jogger
passes me but
I'll pass him
walking up the
hill past police
in the park past
my old place past
the place next
to my old place
by where I used
to run birds
yelling buses
bark two cars
are not courtious
as they corner
a metro employee
nearly hits me
crossing the walk
bolting across the
road I startle a
man reading the
paper in front of
7-11 I decide I
have enough time
to go in and get
nothing I smile
I see a woman who
is smiling we smile
at each other again
I see another woman
smiling I smile
at her
she stops
a dog walking
looks back
and growls?
I see Carlos
Jeremy crosses
the walk we
walk down the
hill as my nose
runs to work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home